12 Steps of NA - The Ultimate Cheat Sheet
Posted Jun 26, 2022
Everything you need to know about the 12 Steps of NA in one place!
The cornerstone of the NA program is the 12 Steps. Whether you're new to NA or a veteran member, this cheat sheet will help you along your journey of working the 12 Steps.
Here it is, '12 Steps of NA - The Ultimate Cheat Sheet'.
The 12 Steps of NA
We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Keywords: admitted, powerless, unmanageable
We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Keywords: came to believe, Power greater than ourselves, restore, sanity
We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Keywords: turn over, will and lives, care of God, understood
We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Keywords: searching, fearless, moral inventory
We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Keywords: admitted, God, ourselves, another human, exact nature, wrongs
We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Keywords: entirely ready, God, remove, defects of character
We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- *Keywords: humbly, remove, shortcomings
We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Keywords: list, all persons, harmed, willing, amends
We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Keywords: direct amends, except, injure, them or others
We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Keywords: continued, personal inventory, promptly admitted
We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Keywords prayer, meditation, improve, contact with God, His will
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
- Keywords: spirtual awakening, carry this message, practice, principles
There you have it! The '12 Steps of NA Ultimate Cheat Sheet'.
These steps lay out a path for addicts to achieve freedom from drug dependency.
Thousands of addicts worldwide have changed their lives by working these steps.
This article is meant to help addicts better understand each step in the NA 12-step program.
Don't forget to check out the 12 Traditions of NA to learn more about the Narcotics Anonymous program.
Eric Anderson is a web developer and recovering drug addict. By sharing his experience in drug addiction and recovery, he hopes to help families who have been impacted by this disease.Learn more about Eric